What type of home ownership help is available for US Vets?
On this Veterans’ Day, FirstHomeAdvisor would like to say “Thank You” to all of our US Vets for your service to our country. As a way of honoring our US Vets, we want to help connect US Veterans to information and resources to buy, maintain, repair and improve a home of their own.
Recently the Portland Metropolitan Area Realtors (PMAR), in Portland Oregon, launched a new Military Resources tab on their Website HOWNW.com. The Website includes program information and eligibility detail about the following programs:
- Active Duty/Veteran Construction Loan
- Dream Makers Grant Program
- Oregon Veterans Home Loan
- VA Home Loans
- VA Loans/Native American Veterans/on Trust Lands
- VA Special Housing Adaptation Grant
- VA Specially Adapted Housing Grant
In addition to these programs, US Vets who are preparing to buy their first home should also consider taking advantage of the following additional programs and services if they qualify:
- HUD-Approved home buyer education
- Online home buyer education
- Home buyer counseling services
- Down payment assistance programs
- Other types of first home loan programs
- First-time home buyer tax credits
- Individual Development Accounts
- State programs for first-time buyers
Thanks again to all the US Veterans who have served our country in order to protect and preserve our freedom!